MLB Investigates Social Media Posts Involving Wander Franco
Franco's Absence and MLB's Investigation
– Major League Baseball (MLB) is looking into social media posts related to Tampa Bay Rays' young All-Star shortstop, Wander Franco. – Franco, aged 22, did not travel with the team to San Francisco for their series against the Giants, according to sources from ESPN.
– The Rays released a statement acknowledging the circulating social media posts concerning Wander Franco. – The team expressed seriousness about the situation and informed its cooperation with MLB's investigation.
Nature of the Social Media Post
– The specific content and nature of the social media posts were not disclosed by Tampa Bay. – MLB's thorough assessment of the posts aims to validate the information presented.
– As MLB investigates the situation, Wander Franco might be placed on the restricted list or administrative leave. – The Rays chose not to comment on Franco's absence from the team plane.
Franco's Presence During Sunday's Game
– Franco was absent from Sunday's game against Cleveland. – He initially sat in the dugout but left during the fifth inning and did not engage with the media after the game.
– On the promotional side, a Wander Franco snapback hat was featured for fans 14 and under at Tropicana Field. – Speculation arose about Franco's absence, prompting inquiries to Rays manager Kevin Cash.
Manager's Response and Speculation
– Kevin Cash responded to questions about Franco's absence, mentioning that it was a regular day off. – Cash refrained from elaborating further on the situation, acknowledging the ongoing speculation.
Temporary Replacement and Previous Incident
– Osleivis Basabe made his major league debut starting at shortstop in place of Franco. – Franco had previously been benched during the season for on-field frustrations.
Contract and Stellar Performance
– The investigation into Wander Franco's situation continues as MLB looks into the social media posts. – The Rays' handling of the situation, Franco's absence, and his contract with the team have stirred significant attention in the baseball community.